Custaroons | Lecheroons | Coconut Macaroons | Steamed Custard Macaroons | Leche Macaroons
1 cup desiccated coconut
4 eggs yolks
2 whole eggs
300ml condensed milk
1/4 cup melted butter/margarine(unsalted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Bring 1 liter water to a boil
2) In a bowl combine egg yolks, whole eggs, and condensed milk. Mix well
3) Add melted butter, vanilla extract and desiccated coconut. Mix until well blended
4) pour the mixture into the molders
5) Steam for 15-20 min. over low heat. *do not forget to wrap the lid with clean cloth to prevent water from dripping into t the custaroons
6) After 20 min. do the toothpick check. If it comes out clean the custaroons are cook. *but if it's still wet adjust heat to med-low and check every 5 minutes.
7) Cool completely
Improvised Oven procedure:
1) Use a metal rack
2) Preheat for 15 minutes over high heat
3) Place a cake pan inside.
4) Bain Marie : Pour hot water into the cake pan
5) Place the custaroons inside
6) Cover and bake for 25 minutes over low heat
7) After 25 min. do the toothpick check and if it comes out clean the custaroons are cook. *but if it's still wet adjust heat to med-low and check every 5 minutes.